Do you suffer from high blood pressure? Then here is a natural way to reduce your blood pressure.
Scientists from the Northumbria University have found that tart Montmorency cherry juice significantly reduced high blood pressure. The results were so promising that its effect was equivalent to medication produced results. Awesome isn’t?
Montmorency tart cherries
This ancient fruit dates back to the Roman civilization. The Romans were the first ones to discover these sour cherries near the Black Sea. These cherry trees were planted alongside the Roman roads. Soldiers used to pick these berries and have a snack.
Participants who suffered early hypertension symptoms 130/90mmHg were given 60ml of these tart cherry juice. The blood pressure and blood samples were taken before the cherry concentrate was consumed.
Blood tests and other cardiovascular screening tests were made after the tart cherry concentrate consumption. The scientists found that those who drank this wonder juice had a drastic reduction in their blood pressure levels after 3 hours.
The scientists believe that phenolic acids, vanillic and protocatechuic compounds present in the concentrate were responsible for the decline. These findings are published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
High blood pressure can cause
- Damage to your arteries
- Rupture of arteries, which leads to internal bleeding
- Coronary heart disease
- Enlarged left heart
- Heart failure
- Brain damage
- Kidney failure
- Nerve damage
- Eye blood vessel damage
- Bone loss and insomnia.
Health Benefits of Tart Cheries
- They have health-boosting anthocyanins
- Tart cherry juice gives cancer protection
- They protects against muscle damage
- Tart cherry juice aids in sports recovery
- Safe way to fight insomnia
- Tart cherries reduces high blood pressure
- They are high in dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin A and antioxidants.
- Have high oxygen radical absorption capacity, and so fights inflammation.
So drink Montmorency tart cherry juice and enjoy good health.