The other day the husband came home bragging about some protein bars. Over a hot cup of coffee, he started to share more about those protein bars. Interested to know more about it? Then read this post. You will be glad you did.
It seemed that his boss used to bring these bars which his wife made for him. That day he shared the protein bar with my husband. And guess what? It tasted awesome.
Now I got hooked up about these awesome snacks, summoned up all my courage, and made a call to his boss’s wife, and she was very friendly and shared the recipe with me. The next day she even sent me the protein bars neatly packed in a foil.
My! My! The taste was divine. You could taste the blend of dried fruits and dates with the coarse and chunky oats and corn flakes, giving the bars a unique sticky, crispy texture.
- Take ½ cup of oats
- ½ cup of corn flakes
- Almonds a few
- A few walnuts
- Dates or date paste according to your wish.
- Raisins a few
- Honey 2 tbsp.
- Sugar 3 tbsp. or according to your taste.
- Water ¼ cup
- Stir fry the oats and cornflakes for a few seconds and keep them aside.
- Stir fry the dried fruits, walnut, and almonds for a few seconds and keep them aside.
- Grind the oats and cornflakes in a mixer. Just grind it coarsely.
- Grind the dried fruits almond, walnut, raisins, and dates and grind them coarsely in a mixer.
- In a pan, heat water and sugar and keep it until the liquid thickens to a thread-like consistency.
- Remove from fire and add the dried fruits, honey and oats, and cornflakes mixture.
- The mixture will be soft and flexible enough to make a softball–––that is a perfect consistency.
- Slowly flatten it on a plate and cut into small bars and chill it in the fridge.
You can serve it as such or pack it in foil and send it as a snack to school or office. Try it and see, it is a tasty and healthy snack, which your family will love.
Now, if you don’t have the time, you can order some tasty bars and cookies from Seven Sister Scones. They’ve also introduced new vegan gluten-free scones. So why not give them a try?
Recipe and protein bar sample courtesy of Mrs. Uma Jaypal