Do you suffer from gastritis? Here is a crisp and clear post to help you deal with it effectively. So sit tight for the inside information….
What is gastritis?
It is the inflammation or erosion of the lining of the stomach. It can occur suddenly or gradually. The symptoms may be nausea, bloating, vomiting, indigestion and that dreaded burning feeling in the stomach.
The causes may be due to infections, certain medications, alcohol, allergic reactions, stress and food poisoning to name a few.
Foods to include and keep off-
Foods to include for gastritis by
Flavanoid foods- apples, cranberries, cranberry juice, onions, garlic and tea
Antioxidant foods- blueberries, cherries, tomato, squash, bell pepper
Foods high in vitamin B and calcium- almonds, beans, whole grains, dark veggies, spinach, kale and sea vegetables.
Foods to avoid for gastritis by
Avoid white bread, pasta and sugar
Reduce baked foods, crackers, cookies, onion rings, French fries, cakes, donuts, processed foods and margarine
Avoid beverages such as coffee, alcohol and carbonated drinks
· Add lean meats, cold water fish, tofu and beans to include variety in your diet
· The best oil to use is olive oil
· Drink plenty of water
· Exercise for 30 minutes a day
· Include multi vitamin supplements that are rich in A, C, E, and B vitamins
· Omega 3 fish capsules also work wonders.
· Probiotic supplements create a favorable stomach environment
· Homeopathic and acupuncture treatments work well.
· Eat a fiber rich diet
· Avoid high fatty foods at all costs
· Scientists found fermented milk products can modulate the immune response and increase the thickness of gastric muscle gel layers in animal studies
· So be wise to include fermented milk products for a trouble free tummy.
Hope this information was useful.
Take good care,
Photo by Marin