One of the most beautiful moments in a woman’s life is the period of pregnancy. That amazing feeling of finding life within yourself, but on the other side one has to deal with stretch marks, sleepless nights and loss of the carefree life. But all these things make you feel great, amazing and reminds you the essence of being a woman.
What causes stretch marks?
Stretch marks are the result of rapid stretching of skin, which may be due to rapid growth or rapid weight change. If you have pregnancy stretch marks it is a good sign. But keep in mind that there is no way to prevent stretch marks. Of course you can lighten them and we will see how……..
How to fade stretch marks?
I have listed the best possible options from the reputed sources in the health care. The best time to treat stretch marks is that while they are still in that reddish stage.
· First and foremost drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated.
· You can use gels made with a mix of onion extract and hyaluronic acid.
· Retinols can also be used, they promote healthy skin growth. But pregnant women and lactating mothers should never use it as it may cause birth defects.
· Glycolic acid helps to a greater extent
· Vitamin E oils can be beneficial
· Essential oils such as lavender, frankincense, rose, geranium and myrrh can be applied over the stretch marks. It can be diluted with coconut oil.
· Alovera, olive oil, egg whites can also be applied as home remedies.
· You can take vitamin C supplements to lighten the stretch marks
· Laser therapies also help but your doctor is the best person to advice about this.
Stretch marks do have a story to tell about an important and beautiful part of a woman’s life. It is nature’s way of pinning down its own story in the sands of time.
Take good care,
Photo by David Castillo